Terms & Conditions
It is important that you read the terms and conditions listed below from BizCover Brokers.
1) About this website
Your privacy and security is very important to BizCover. Certain data items are collected and used by the BizCover Website in order to provide insurance quotations and other online services. The BizCover Website will record and track the use you make of this website. The use of this data is subject to our Privacy Statement. Please read our Privacy Statement in full.
3) BizCover Website content
The BizCover Website:
(a) contains information of a general nature about BizCover and BizCover’s services;
(b) contains information of a general nature about various insurers featured on the BizCover website;
(c) enables you to purchase and pay for some insurance products and services online;
(d) enables you to renew some insurance products and services online; and
(e) enables you to view, manage and change your BizCover insurance policies online.
4) BizCover’s standard terms and conditions apply
All applications for insurance or other products made via this BizCover Website are subject to and must comply with BizCover’s approval criteria, and are governed by the normal terms and conditions applying to each product or service requested. Click here to access BizCover policy documents. Click here to access BizCover’s Standard Terms and Conditions.
5) BizCover product information and insurance purchase and renewal
5.1 Transactions on the BizCover Website
(a) When entering into a transaction via the BizCover Website, whether it be the issuance of an insurance contract, a renewal payment, or a transaction relating to any other product or service, the transaction will not be completed until an “Electronic Instruction” (being any electronic instruction, information, message, request or communication issued or transmitted to BizCover via the BizCover Website) containing the acceptance from you to BizCover’s offer, or the confirmation of payment from you, whichever is applicable, has been received and processed by BizCover, and any specific steps or requirements as set out in this clause 5, have been complied with.
(b) You acknowledge that the transmission of your acceptance or the confirmation of any payment, made through an Electronic Instruction may not be received by BizCover in accordance with this clause 5 for reasons beyond either parties’ reasonable control including, but not limited to, mechanical, software, computer, telecommunications, or electronic failure, or the omission or failure of third party service providers or systems.
(c) You further acknowledge that, to the extent permitted by law, BizCover is not liable to you in any way for any loss or damage at all and however caused, arising directly or indirectly in connection with the transmission of an Electronic Instruction through the BizCover Website, or any failure to receive an Electronic Instruction for whatever reason.
5.2 Purchasing insurance policies
(a) Where the BizCover Website enables you to purchase insurance products or services online:
- The parties may enter into an insurance policy using the BizCover Website by BizCover making an electronic offer via the BizCover Website and you electronically communicating your acceptance of that offer via the BizCover Website to BizCover;
- BizCover may act on and process all completed Electronic Instructions transmitted or issued through the BizCover Website without further consent from or reference to you; and
- BizCover may treat an Electronic Instruction as authentic and is under no obligation to investigate the authenticity or authority of persons issuing or transmitting such Electronic Instructions, or to verify the accuracy and completeness of such Electronic Instructions.
(b) Creating a binding insurance contract with BizCover via the BizCover Website is a two-step process:
- (1) The first step is to create a quote for the insurance product you are interested in and have selected. Upon completion by you of all required details, the BizCover Website will provide you with a quote, identified by a quote number. This quote and quote number will remain valid and accessible on the BizCover Website for up to 30 days; and
- If you wish to take out insurance in accordance with a quote provided to you by BizCover via the BizCover Website, then, upon completion by you of all required details, step two enables you to accept that quote and create a binding insurance agreement with a corresponding BizCover policy number.
(c) When entering into a contract via the BizCover Website, you will be taken to have communicated your acceptance to an offer of insurance from BizCover only when:
- the Electronic Instruction containing the acceptance from you enters and is recorded in the main BizCover database;
- a record is created and stored in the BizCover database;
- an BizCover policy number is generated by the BizCover database; and
- BizCover receives all required details of a current and valid credit card which you are authorised to use, which is of a credit card type accepted by BizCover, and to which BizCover is able to charge the premium. Or when you answer yes to the confirmation that you are purchasing a policy using Premium Funding method.
(e) A binding insurance contract is conditional on BizCover being able to successfully charge against your nominated credit card and BizCover receiving payment of your applicable premium. Or if premium funding is selected, the approval by the lender of the premium loan.
(f) Where a transaction is entered into between BizCover and you via the BizCover Website, a policy number will be issued by BizCover via the BizCover Website. However, a binding insurance contract is not conditional on the receipt by you of a policy number. Therefore, the failure by you to receive a policy number via the BizCover Website does not invalidate or otherwise prejudice the existence of an insurance contract or transaction entered into using the BizCover Website.
(g) BizCover may or may not issue a paper confirmation of the insurance policy. The existence of a binding contract is not conditional on BizCover issuing, or you receiving, a paper confirmation of the transaction.
(h) You must contact BizCover immediately if you do not receive a policy number via the BizCover Website following your transaction.
5.3 Renewal payments
(a) The renewal payment for certain BizCover insurance policies can be made online with selected credit cards or using premium funding at the BizCover Website.
(b) To make an online renewal payment, follow the “Renew My Policy” link on the Customer Homepage on the BizCover Website.
(c) When making a payment for a policy renewal via the BizCover Website, you will be taken to have renewed that policy only when:
(1) the Electronic Instruction containing the policy number, premium amount due and credit card details, and an instruction from you to renew the policy, enters and is recorded in the relevant payment database;
(2) a record is created and stored in the payment database;
(3) a BizCover receipt number is generated by the payment system; and
(4) the main BizCover database is updated with information from the payment database.
(5) BizCover receives all required details of a current and valid credit card which you are authorised to use, which is of a credit card type accepted by BizCover, and to which BizCover is able to charge the renewal payment. Or when you answer yes to the confirmation that you are purchasing a policy using Premium Funding method;
(1) A binding insurance contract is conditional on BizCover being able to successfully charge against your nominated credit card and BizCover receiving payment of all applicable renewal amounts due for the policy (or policies) being renewed. Or if premium funding is selected, the approval by the lender of the premium loan.
(d) BizCover, at its discretion, may or may not issue a paper confirmation of the renewal payment. The existence of a valid payment is not conditional on BizCover issuing, or you receiving, a paper confirmation of the transaction.
(a) All payments for any insurance products, renewals, or other services purchased via the BizCover Website must be paid in full by clear funds by the due date specified in the relevant confirmation.
(b) Except as set out in paragraph
(c) and unless otherwise provided for, all payments referred to in paragraph
(a) are to be made by selected credit cards at the time of purchase or renewal of the applicable BizCover policy or service. You must therefore provide to BizCover details of your current and valid credit card, including:
(1) Credit card type;
(2) Name on credit card;
(3) Credit card number;
(4) CCV number; and
(5) Expiry date.
(c) Some BizCover insurance policies available through the BizCover Website may offer a premium funding payment option. Where this option is available and selected by you, BizCover will email you a pre-completed loan application form. You are required to complete this form and return it to Macquarie Bank by facsimile within 24 hours of the issue of the email. Once received, Macquarie Bank will process the loan application and notify BizCover of the approval or declinature of the loan. If approved you will receive your policy documents from BizCover within 14 days of the application process.
7) BizCover Policy Management
(a) Some parts of the BizCover Website are only accessible to you if you have “logged in” by providing certain details as requested by BizCover on the log-in, registration and/or authentication pages of the BizCover Website, relating to you and/or one of your insurance policies currently held with BizCover. (Collectively, this information is your “Login”).
(b) You must not provide details of your Login to any other person. You must not allow any other person to use your Login.
(c) You must not use the BizCover Website to access or modify the details of another person without their authority. Criminal penalties may apply if you do so.
8) Valuation tools, calculators, games and other features
(a) The BizCover Website may contain or make available various tools, calculation devices, software programs or other features: (1) which assist you in calculating the optimal insurance policy, premium, or level of excess for you; or (2) relating to BizCover’s products and services or the insurance industry. The BizCover Website may also contain helpful hints or other information. (b) Whilst BizCover has undertaken reasonable steps to ensure that any such features or information as described in (a) above are accurate and free from defect, to the extent permitted by law, which law cannot be excluded, BizCover does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, correctness or completeness of these features. These features are provided on an “as is” basis. The monetary figures used by these features in any calculations are estimates only and do not take account of your particular circumstances. The use by you of any of these features or any information provided is entirely at your own risk.
9) Links to other websites
(a) The BizCover Website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by third parties independent of BizCover (“Third Party Websites”). BizCover does not sponsor, endorse or approve of the operators of Third Party Websites, or material (including services, information, graphics or data) which is located on such Third Party Websites (“Third Party Material”).
(b) The BizCover Website may contain or link to information about special offers, deals or promotions by persons not related to or part of BizCover (“Third Party Offers”). BizCover does not sponsor, endorse, or approve of any Third Party Offers, or Third Party Material associated with these offers. (c) Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, BizCover makes no warranties or representations:
(1) regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of Third Party Material, or products or services available through Third Party Websites; or
(2) that Third Party Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
(d) BizCover is not authorising the reproduction of Third Party Material by linking Material on this Website to Third Party Material.
Whilst reasonable steps have been undertaken to ensure that information is free from error, to the extent permitted by law, which law cannot be excluded, BizCover does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of Material on this Website. All information is subject to change without notice. BizCover does not guarantee that the BizCover Website or Third Party Websites will be free from viruses, or that access to the BizCover Website or Third Party Websites will function as intended or be uninterrupted. All terms implied by law, except those that can not be lawfully excluded, are excluded.
11) Limitation of Liability
Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, BizCover, and its directors, employees, agents and contractors, are not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to Material on this Website, to Third Party Material, third party services, or to access of any part of the BizCover Website by you, howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise.
13) No investment advice
The BizCover Website does not purport to provide you with personal financial or investment advice of any kind. The information available via the BizCover Website does not take account of your particular financial or insurance position or requirements. BizCover recommends that you seek independent advice before acting upon Material on this Website or Third Party Material.
14) Availability of the BizCover Website
(a) As electronic services are subject to interruption or breakdown, access to the BizCover Website is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis only.
15) Restrictions on use of the BizCover Website
You agree that you will not, (either yourself or through any third party):
(a) use any robot, spider, screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other automatic device or process (“Automated Process”) to process, monitor, copy or extract any web pages on the BizCover Website, or any of the information, content or data contained within or accessible through the BizCover Website, without BizCover’s prior written permission;
(b) use any Automated Process to aggregate or combine information, content or data contained within or accessible through the BizCover Website with information, content or data accessible via or sourced from any third party;
(c) use any information on or accessed through the BizCover Website for any commercial purpose or otherwise (either directly or indirectly) for profit or gain;
(d) use any device, software, process or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the BizCover Website or any transaction or process being conducted on or through it;
(e) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of or bandwidth connecting to the BizCover Website;
(f) reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formula or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with the BizCover Website; or
(g) copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display, any part of any content from the BizCover Website without BizCover’s prior written permission.
16) No use of BizCover Website for unrelated persons
You must only use the BizCover Website to:
(a) obtain insurance quotes;
(b) obtain other information relating to the price of insurance cover from BizCover; or
(c) conduct insurance related transactions or queries. You agree not to otherwise use the BizCover Website to obtain insurance quotes, or to obtain other information relating to the price of insurance cover from BizCover or conduct insurance-related transactions or queries. You also agree to indemnify BizCover in respect of any liability incurred by BizCover for any loss, cost damage or expense, howsoever caused, suffered by BizCover as a result of your breach of this clause 16.
17) Third party providers to BizCover
18) Copyright and Trademarks
(a) Copyright in the Material on this Website is owned or licensed by BizCover.
(b) Except where necessary for and incidental to personally viewing the Material on this Website via your web browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws, no Material on this Website may be reproduced, stored (for any period of time) in an electronic or other retrieval system, modified, adapted, uploaded to a third party location, framed, performed in public, or transmitted, in any form by any process whatsoever, without the specific written consent of BizCover.
19.2 Termination of access to the BizCover Website
(a) BizCover reserves the right to terminate your access to the BizCover Website at any time upon notice to you.
19.3 Prohibition on access post termination
(b) Upon termination of your right to access the BizCover Website, you must not directly or indirectly access or use any part of the BizCover Website or any BizCover Materials.
(a) The law applicable to the BizCover Website and to disputes arising out of the BizCover Website is the law of the State of New South Wales, Australia. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia, and appeal therefrom.
22) Linking to BizCover
Please contact BizCover if you would like to link to any part of the BizCover Website.